- Inspect glass before unpacking.
- When setting glass on the floor, or any other surface, ensure that the glass is protected from damage and gently place it down on one long edge, do not lay flat on the floor or lean it on its corner.
- Do not let any surface knock or hit the glass edges or corners as this may cause float glass to shatter and toughened glass to explode.
- Never carry glass under your arm or above your head.
- Use the appropriate amount of labour to move large sheets of glass.
- If in doubt, use the services of a professional to install your mirror glass.